Josh Fraser of EventVue totally nailed how to think about hiring in his Ignite Boulder presentation “Hiring is Hard.” Josh talks passionately about how important it is to communicate a clear vision to prospective employees. Some other points Josh makes well with his William Wallace (Bravehart) analogy:
- Appreciation is the best motivation.
- Startups don’t want to compete for employees on price.
- The best people can work anywhere they want.
- Trust your gut when hiring.
- If you’re not sure, pass.
Right on Josh – lead them to freedom! More of the Ignite Boulder presentations are here.