Of course, we’re blogging away about it on that blog. But since it’s pretty relevant to the Colorado startup scene, here are some highlights in case you haven’t been following Techstars closely this summer.
- 8 of our 10 teams are from outside of Colorado. 2 of those 8 have already decided they’re not leaving Boulder after the summer.
- Techstars.tv is growing every week, and already has lots of great video content from our sessions and the Techstars HQ. I’ve embedded just one video that’s available there at the bottom of this post.
- Eric Marcoullier and Todd Sampson, the founders of MyBlogLog (acquired by Yahoo recently) spent some time with the Techstars last week, as did Noah Kagan (formerly of Facebook and now with Community Next and Mint.com
- Based on feedback from our amazing mentors and special guests, eight of our ten teams have significantly altered their idea in the last month.
- We held an open event called “Funding your startup”. This was one of our 40 or so regular sessions, but we invited everyone to attend this one. Over 200 people showed up by we riffed on the subject for over 3 hours with tons of audience engagement. By popular request, we’ll run another session in public this summer. Stay tuned to the Techstars blog to find out when. Video of that event is also coming soon.
Several of the teams are now in active beta, and a few more will be this coming week. In fact, we’re looking for a few good beta testers. If you’re willing to be a guinea pig, don’t mind a few things blowing up in your face, and you match one of these profiles – please contact me. I may have some goodies for you.
- Bloggers with less than 1,000 subscribers (include what type of blog you run – e.g. WordPress, TypePad, Blogger, etc.)
- People who manage and run events on a regular basis with 100 or more attendees (describe the events)
- Heavy (and I mean prolific) Facebook users.
- Lawyers who have hung out a “shingle” (or are part of a firm of 5 or fewer partners/lawyers)
Ah, “Summertime” (from Techstars.tv)…