The MIT Club of Colorado is presenting an MIT Enterprise Forum on “Venture Capital Outlook for 2007” in Boulder on Wednesday night (the 28th). It’s being held at CU’s ATLAS building. Jim Pollock, who is organizing the event, gave me the following information.
The Forum will start with a 40 minute digital presentation from MIT/Cambridge with a panel of Boston VCs discussing the trends that ended 2006 and what they forsee for 2007. How high is the bar for investment? What kind of deals are being looked at? What’s hot and not?
This will be followed immediately with a live panel of Colorado VCs ready to answer your questions and compare the scenes in Boston and the Front Range. Fresh from the Venture Capital in the Rockies conference the previous week, you’ll get to ask questions of and hear from:
– Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, Mobius Venture Capital
– Catharine Merigold, Vista Ventures
– Kyle Lefkoff, Boulder Ventures
– Chris Scoggins, Sequel Venture Partners
Three of these firms are JUST finishing raising brand new funds, so this is a great time to hear their plans.
Here are the details:
Date: Weds Feb 28
Time: 5:30-7:30pm doors open at 5pm for networking
The Main Auditorium, ATLAS Building
CU Boulder Campus
18th Street and Euclid
Boulder, CO 80302 (parking within a block)
– $25 General Admission
– $15 MIT Alumni Club & Ivy League Club Members (and their guests)
– $20 MIT Graduates & CTEK, CIK, CSIA, DTP, TiE, YEO (and their guests)
– $10 (cheap) for CU/DU/CSU MBA or Law students
Registration is required.
If you can’t attend for some reason, you’re in luck. I’ve been invited to podcast the event, so look for it on this blog within a few days of the event.