The Techstars 2016 Global Impact Report was released on February 7. This report is a showcase of what Techstars has accomplished in 2016 and over the past 10 years, as well as a thank you to all the people who have contributed to the success of entrepreneurs around the world.
It’s been an amazing 10 years, to say the least. We started with the simple belief that great startups can be built anywhere. Clearly, we believe that now more than ever.
Techstars achieved several big milestones as a company and as a community in 2016. This year marked our 10th anniversary, over 100 company exits, 1,000 companies in our portfolio, and 10,000 jobs created by those companies.
These are just a few highlights from 2016:
- Techstars companies have raised more than $3 billion in venture capital.
- The market cap for Techstars alumni is $7.8 billion.
- Seven new accelerator programs were launched, including our first program in APAC, bringing us to 25 programs worldwide.
- Techstars Ventures made nearly 50 seed investments.
- Thanks to our Community Leaders, Startup Week grew by six new countries.
- Eight amazing nonprofits received a grant from the Techstars Foundation.
Ten years ago we started Techstars because we wanted to help entrepreneurs succeed. We are continuing to do just that, on an ever-increasing scale.
Techstars helps entrepreneurs make the connections and access the resources they need to be successful. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams are able to connect to other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders and corporate partners that will help their companies grow.
I’m incredibly proud of what we’ve accomplished over the past decade and grateful to all the people who have helped make Techstars what it is today. I look forward to seeing what new developments and adventures the next 10 years will bring!